Prete Kids Cougar Club Logo

Prete Kids Cougar Club Logo
This is the club for all of the Prete Kids Cousins who like the BYU Cougars. You do not have to be a BYU fan to join though, just a Prete Kid Cousin. Go Cousins!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

February and March 2008 Newsletter


In this Issue:
Feature Story:
The True Story of Snow White
Written by Alyssa Doig

Cousin Cools:
Anna Loses a Tooth Written by Anna Bryner




The True Story of Snow White

By the Fairest Queen



All of you think you know the story of Snow White but they are all just lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Excuse me but I am the Queen who is supposed to be the bad guy in this tale but really, it is quite the opposite.

One beautiful spring morning I sat in front of my magic mirror. Curiously, I asked
“Mirror mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all?”

“Snow White of the forest,” he replied. “Her hair is so silky and her lips are as red as blood.”

I must admit I was curious to find out what kind of beauty products she used.

The mirror soon changed to the morning news... Paying absolutely no attention to it, I drifted off in thought. Wow, she is fairer than I am!

Peering out of the window, I noticed the maiden Snow White!!!!!!!!! Dashing out the door, I was very excited to ask what beauty products she used.

Before I could say anything, she screamed.

“You fowl witch I will never tell you anything. That is a promise.”

Obviously, this girl did not keep her promises because when I asked her where she lived she simply replied number 14-Heart Lane.

Anxiously, I went to fetch my finest hunter. As I told him about Snow White’s whereabouts, he looked as if he was in La La Land. For some strange reason he thought I wanted Snow White’s heart... that was not too intelligent

Snow White fled into the forest where she encountered the seven dopes. After that, I am not to sure what she did with the dopes.

Although it was not my fault for all this commotion I decided to go give Snow White an apology apple. Down in the cellar I grabbed the reddest and most appealing apple.

Holding my head up high I went to the residence of the seven dopes. I knocked on the door and Snow White answered it. Kindly she invited me inside. While we there sitting on mini sofas, I handed her the apple.

Politely she took a bite of the apple. All of the sudden she dropped on the floor as if she were dead. Quickly I called the hospital except it was not exactly the hospital. I called the newspaper.

Of course, they jazzed up the story to make it more interesting and appealing. This of course made me MAD.

Lastly, I conclude that this story is the truth and nothing but the truth. All you newspaper folks BEWARE!

This story was submitted by Alyssa Doig


Up-Close with James Bryner!


What is the best part about Kindergarten? James’ Response: “That I get lots of candy on Valentine’s day.”
How many times have you gotten in trouble? James’ Response: Probably about once
Why? “I didn’t know that there was a rule that said you couldn’t go down the slide on my knees.”
How many girls averagely chase you at recess? James’ Response: About 5
Who can read the best in your class? James’ Response: Me
How many girls sit by you at lunch? James’ Response: “That’s kind of a hard question. Sometimes they sit by me and sometimes they don’t”
What is your greatest interest other than Pokemon? James’ Response: Computer
Who is your favorite brother? James’ Response: Paul
What blog is your favorite out of all of the ones you know of? James’ Response: The Bryner Family Blog
What time do your parents tell you to go to bed at? James’ Response: About 8:30
What time do you turn off the light? James’ Response: About 10:00 PM
What time do you fall asleep? James’ Response: Around 11:00 PM
How often do you actually clean your room by yourself? James’ Response: I never clean it by myself
Do you clean it every week like you are supposed to? James’ Response: Some weeks
How often do you actually have all of your chores finished by the end of the day? James’ Response: Not very much at all

This interview was given by Anna Bryner ( to James Bryner)



Anna Loses a Tooth


Anna Bryner was watching the BYU vs. UNLV game in her grandpa’s basement downstairs. It had just turned into half time and Anna was wiggling her tooth and happened to be pulling on it when all of a sudden she was holding onto it, but it wasn’t attached to her mouth. Anna went upstairs and put the tooth in the bag and had a drink of water, and stopped the small bleeding in her mouth. Anna now says “ I couldn’t even feel myself pull it out! When it was out, I had to check that it was in my hand because I didn’t feel a thing!” And now you know all about how Anna Bryner lost her tooth.

This story was submitted by Anna Bryner

There are no more stories or anything else because nothing has been submitted. We would really like it if you could help by encouraging your children to submit something. Please help us with more submissions and remember to send in individual pictures of your children in their B.Y.U. shirts. Thank you! Anna & Alyssa





1 comment:

Brooke S said...

This is great! I love the stories! You are all turning into quite the authors! Good job on the newsletter!